Redensity [I] Beauty Booster
Everybody is speaking about hyaluronic acid! But how exactly does it work?
Hyaluronic acid (HA), which is naturally present in our body, performs a fundamental role in keeping the skin in good health. This essential element of the dermis retains water like a sponge so as to maintain its hydration.
Skin Undergoes Changes with the Passage of Time
The main reasons for the ageing of the skin include excess of oxidants (free radicals)* and progressive loss of intrinsic HA.
With age, we can lose up to 2/3 of our hyaluronic acid pool1. At 35 years of age the skin’s thickness has decreased on average by about 22%.2
As it gets thinner, the skin becomes more fragile, dehydrates and its elasticity diminishes.
Just like an apple that dries, skin that is deprived of its sources of hydration will lose its shine with the passage of time.
An Alternative for Prevention
The hyaluronic acid injections are designed to prevent premature ageing of our skin and to boost the radiance of our face.3
A Compensation for the Skin
The hyaluronic acid injections compensate the natural loss of this substance and stimulate the auto-production of collagen4 to help smooth out wrinkles, enhance skin glow and restore volume.
The efficacy of injectable hyaluronic acid enables us to push ever forward into the future the need for anti-ageing surgery.5
Approximately 80% of facial skin ageing is attributed to UV-exposure.
Holding back the appearance of the first wrinkles
Your skin is starting to change? Would you like to keep it replenished, hydrated and beautiful for longer? Protect and stimulate it with Redensity [I].7
A Unique and Patented Formula
A high concentration of natural and free hyaluronic acid + a combination of anti-oxidants, amino acids, minerals and vitamin, all of which are naturally present in our skin.
Redensity [I] is a non cross-linked HA gel, fluid, which allows a smooth application by micro-injections at the chosen areas.
Smoothing Out a Mature Skin
Is your skin more creased and thinner than before? Would you like to extend and perfect the filling effect? Hydrate and redensify your skin with Redensity [I].
When & Where Should It Be Used?8
For your personal protocol, ask your practitioner who will recommend the most optimal treatment for your needs.
- Regularly as core treatment to prevent cutaneous ageing
- In alternation with or as a complement to other treatments
- On specific chosen occasions to rehydrate and give
a new glow to your skin (for example, before/after
prolonged sun exposure…)
For an optimal result, it is recommended to follow the complete protocol to extend the effects of the treatment and obtain long-lasting results:
- for an optimum treatment: 3 sessions at 3-week intervals for immediate and cumulative results
- for a maintenance treatment of the results, as soon as the need is felt: 1 session usually 3 times a year
Questions women have asked us about Redensity [I]
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE SESSION?
- A session consists of intra or hypodermic micro-injections given with a fine needle of very small quantities of Redensity [I] along the lines of wrinkles and evenly spread over the surface of the whole face. In this way the Redensity [I]’s HA and nutrients arrive at the heart of the skin.
- The injection may be «manual», with syringes and needles, but also «electronically assisted» for more comfort (e.g. Teosyal® Pen).
- A session lasts about 20 minutes.
WILL I BE ABLE TO START WORKING AGAIN IMMEDIATELY AFTER A SESSION?
A very slight lack of comfort and a few small spots may appear at the injection points*. These inconveniences generally disappear quickly after injection.
ARE THE RESULTS IMMEDIATELY VISIBLE?
The results are seen immediately at the first session. The skin has a better colour, is less creased, better hydrated and becomes more supple. Gradually,
from one session to the next, the complexion looks increasingly radiant and the skin becomes firmer.
DOES IT REQUIRE PAIN RELIEF?
The micro-injections are shallow and performed with very fine needles. For better comfort throughout the injection session Redensity [I] contains lidocaine which is a local anaesthetic widely used in the world. For enhanced comfort it is possible to apply an anaesthetizing cream before treatment.
HOW LONG DOES THE EFFECT LAST?
Hyaluronic acid is a resorbable molecule, its effects are temporary and depend on several factors: skin type, age, treated area, injection technique… For an optimum result, an initial protocol of 3 sessions and a maintenance session 2-3 times a year are recommended.
Redensity [II] Under Eye Circle Fighter
FROM THE AGE OF 30, 50% OF WOMEN COMPLAIN ABOUT UNDER EYE CIRCLES1
Stress, lifestyle, thin skin, hereditary factors…we are all unique when it comes to under eye circles 1. Arcane Research study conducted in France in February 2011 on 4,402 women aged 18 to 75.
Your eyes are a reflection of your personality
Your eyes express your emotions and feelings.
But when your eyes are shadowed by under eye circles, they lose their sparkle and shine.
These hollow depressions are caused by a loss of volume below the eyes in the area between the lower eyelid and the cheek, often accompanied by a darkening of skin colour.
Under eye circles can give the illusion of tired, dull and aged appearance. As a result, you don’t feel like yourself anymore, and every day you try to conceal them.
Dr. de Kleer can provide a long-lasting solution to treat under eye circles, using injection of a hyaluronic acid gel specifically developed by TEOXANE Laboratories for the delicate eye contour.
Hyaluronic acid: a medical solution to treat under eye circles
Hyaluronic acid is a natural component2 of the skin. It holds in
moisture like a sponge, to keep skin firm, soft and supple.
However, with age, the skin’s hyaluronic acid content
diminishes. The skin loses volume, becomes dry, thin and
fragile. Underneath the skin, other tissues also retract.
As a result, under eye circles become hollow and more visible.
TEOXANE: Experts in hyaluronic acid
For over 10 years, TEOXANE Laboratories have specialised
in designing hyaluronic acid-based injectable products.
Our researchers have developed a biocompatible gel
specifically designed for the delicate under eye area:
An injectable gel specifically designed to treat under eye circles
Immediate and long-lasting aesthetic results:
- Under eye circle evenly corrected3-5
- Hydrated and younger-looking skin3-5
- Long-lasting global satisfaction, proven over 12 months6
Don’t put up with under eye circles. Join the battle against them!
Frequently asked questions about under eye treatment using Redensity [II]
What will happen during the treatment?
The medical practitioner will make a precise diagnosis of the area requiring treatment. An injection of the Redensity [II] gel will be administrated with a sterile, single-use syringe. The session will not take long, usually around 20 minutes.
How many treatments will I need?
Immediate results can usually be seen after just one visit. Occasionally, a touch-up injection may be needed within one month after your first session.
Can I go straight back to work after a session?
You may experience some post injection reactions such as minor bruising and/or swelling in the treated area. These reactions do not always occur and are usually mild, short term and correctable.
Ask your practitioner for advice and about possible side effects.*
*There are potential side effects related to the implantation of this device, occurring immediately following injection or after delay. These include, among others : redness, oedema, papule. Patients should inform their practitioner of any secondary effects other than those described above or any effect persisting beyond one week.
*An unhealthy lifestyle associated with other factors, such as an unbalanced diet and cigarette smoking, affects the skin’s appearance and quality.
TEOSYAL Redensity® [I] is a product of the TEOSYAL® PureSense range (medical devices, class III, CE mark) for medical professional use only.
* Study report Teosyal® PureSense Redensity [I]. Dr Knoll, Dr Vivier, Dr Carre, Dr Micheels. May 2013. Results from the doctor’s evaluation of the global aesthetic improvement for the face indication, 9 weeks after the first injection session. The protocol consisted of 3 injection sessions at 3-week intervals. This study showed a very good treatment tolerance : the main reported side-effects were transient rashes for the face and transient rashes, pain, ecchymosis and itching for the neck and neckline injections.
* There are potential side effects related to the implantation of this device, occurring immediately following injection or after a delay. These include, among others : oedema, erythema, redness, papule. The patient should inform the practitioner of any secondary effect other than those described above or any effect persisting beyond one week.
TEOSYAL® PEN is a motorized and cordless device for hyaluronic acid injections in order to correct wrinkles and depressions – Manufactured by Juvaplus SA. This medical device (class IIa), is a regulated health product which bear, under this regulation, the CE mark (CE0434). For more information, please consult your doctor and TEOSYAL® PEN’s instructions for use. »
References : 1. Labat-Robert J. et al. Aging of the extracellular matrix. Médecine & Longévité. 2012 March; 4(1): 3-32. 2. Farage MA, Miller KW, Elsner P, Maibach HI. Characteristics of the Aging Skin. Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle). 2013 Feb;2(1):5-10. 3. Baspeyras M, et al. Clinical and biometrological efficacy of a hyaluronic acid-based mesotherapy product: a randomised controlled study. Arch Dermatol Res. 2013 Oct;305(8):673-82. 4. Anderegg U, et al. More than just a filler – the role of hyaluronan for skin homeostasis. Exp Dermatol. 2014 May;23(5):295-303. 5. Data from SNDV (Syndicat National des Dermatologues-Vénéréologues) 6. Papakonstantinou E, et al. Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012 Jul 1;4(3):253-8. 7. Data from AFME (Association Française de Médecine morpho-Esthétique et anti-âge) 8. Teosyal® Puresense Redensity [I] instructions for use.
**8 amino acids (including 5 essential ones), 3 antioxidants, 2 minerals and 1 vitamin (B6). Essential amino acids cannot be made by the body. As a result, they must be supplied by the food or other supplements.
1. Arcane Research study conducted in France in February 2011 on 4,402 women aged 18 to 75.
2. Papakonstantinou et al. Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol.2012; 4(3): 253-8. TEOSYAL REDENSITY® [II] is a trademark of TEOXANE SA and it is a product of the range TEOSYAL® PURESENSE. TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [II] is a medical device (class III) and is a regulated health product bearing the CE marking (CE0086) under this regulation. For more information, please consult your doctor or TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [II] instructions for use.
3. Multicentric and international study: 2012/2013. 33 practitioners, 151 patients. Indications: 93% of patients were injected in the tear trough area.
4. Berguiga, M., Galatoire, O. Tear trough rejuvenation: A safety evaluation of the treatment by a semi crosslinked HA Filler. Orbit. (in press)
5. Park et al. Hyaluronic acid filler combined with antioxidants for infraorbital rejuvenation: Report of two cases. Dermatologic Therapy. (in press)
6. Multicentric clinical study of 60 patients followed during 1 year (2010). Several months after the injection, the hyaluronic acid is naturally eliminated by the body.