Unfortunately there are a myriad of examples of poorly performed aesthetic procedures that shine a light on the not-so-pretty side of the cosmetic plastic surgery and medical field. In addition to variance in the skill of plastic surgeons, aesthetic treatments such as injectables, medical lasers and clinical peels are largely unregulated, thus making the chances of safety risks and dissatisfactory outcomes higher. On the flip side, the beauty of a well-executed rejuvenating treatment or surgery is that no one will be the wiser about it. Fortunately, patients in the community of Oakville can enjoy this calibre of outcome by following these steps.
Qualify your practitioner / plastic surgeon.
When looking for your practitioner, gather this information to make your best choice:
- Does their website include information about their education and certification?
- Does the clinic appear clean, modern and welcoming?
- Do their branding and staff represent a personal aesthetic and level of professionalism that fits for you?
- Do they provide before and after photos to demonstrate the quality of their work?
Ask lots of questions.
The more information you gather, the more confident you will feel in your final decision.
- How long have you been in practice? How long have you offered said treatment(s)?
- How many treatments have you performed?
- What level of training have you completed?
- Are you considered a specialist in your field?
- What is your follow-up protocol?
- How do you address and handle risks and complications?
Oakville Plastic Surgery and Advanced Skincare is dedicated to providing its patients with the highest standard of care. All surgical procedures are performed by Dr. Nancy de Kleer.
Dr. de Kleer oversees and works closely with our team of registered nurses and medical aestheticians who are committed to delivering an exceptional patient experience for both surgical and noninvasive cosmetic treatments.
The next step in your cosmetic journey.
Once you have completed your initial research, the next step is to book a consultation. For non-surgical treatment inquires, we welcome you to book a complimentary consultation with Bethany, our medical aesthetician. There is a nominal fee that applies to surgical consultation with Dr. de Kleer which can be put towards your procedure. Call 905.901.9545 or email [email protected] to request an appointment.