Your delicate eye area has a lot to say.
Our eyes tell a story to everyone we meet. In a famous letter penned by Anne Sexton, she writes, “I like you; your eyes are full of language.” We’ve all heard that our eyes are the window to the soul – they display our feelings clearly even when we’re wearing a mask. But the area around our eyes has a lot to say as well. Our eye area can give away our age more quickly than any other part of the face. We may look more tired than we actually are, or notice lines, puffiness, or wrinkles in our eye area that naturally progress with age. In this article we’ll explore the best solutions, tips, and treatments for beautiful eyes that look bright and healthy at any age.
5 Great Tips for Bright, Healthy Eyes
Our eyes are on display more than ever before. They’re seen by everyone we encounter, even when our faces are covered with a mask. Let’s explore how to refresh the eye area for a more fresh, youthful look. Here are some tips to practice to refresh and rejuvenate your eye area.
Treat your delicate eye area with extra care – and the right products!
The delicate skin around your eyes is far more vulnerable than any other area of the face. This makes the eye area especially prone to crow’s feet and other signs of aging like a deepening tear trough or puffiness. Use skincare products that are especially designed to treat your eye concerns to properly address this delicate, thin skin. Our Vivier Anti-Aging Kits come with a complete regimen, including an Eye Contour Cream to restore radiance and hydration to your eye area. Be gentle when cleaning or applying product to the eye area. If you’re scrubbing or pulling at your eyes habitually, it’s a great time to notice those habits and to treat your eye area with some delicacy and gentleness.
Start prevention early
It’s never too early to protect your eye area with antioxidants, even if you’re in your late 20s. Wear a great sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection, and sunglasses whenever you’re outside. Sun protection is important for the eye area at any age. Even in the winter when the sun is hiding, your eye area is vulnerable to the blue light of your computer and the UV rays that sneak through the clouds. That being said, it’s never too late to begin protecting your skin! Wherever you are in your skincare journey, start protecting your eye area today to prevent further damage.
- Start protecting your eye area with a daily sunscreen and an eye product with antioxidant protection.
- Throw on a hat and sunglasses when you’re heading out for a walk, and consider protective blue light glasses when you’re looking at a screen for long periods of time.
- Remember to protect your eye area when you’re driving; harmful UV rays come through closed windows and can cause more damage on the left side of your face.
Practice holistic health for beautiful eyes
Hereditary factors play a role in the appearance of our eyes, especially when it comes to concerns regarding tear troughs, puffy eyes, or the shape or size of the skin around the eyes. But there’s a lot we can do to control the aesthetic of our eye area with healthy patterns and habits.
- Get enough sleep whenever you can. Our undereye area doesn’t just get puffy when we’re tired; it also is prone to wrinkles and crow’s feet when Our delicate eye area is prone to wrinkles, puffiness, and dark shadows when we don’t protect enough time for rest.
- Eat a balanced diet. Dark leafy greens, fruits and other vegetables are good for your body but they’re great for your skin as well.
- Avoid smoking, as this can be a harsh catalyst for visible signs of aging.
- Take time away from screens. We know this is difficult in our current work-from-home climate, but consider reading a book, doing a puzzle, or going on a hike regularly so that you’re spending less time in front of a brightly lit screen.
- Do you find that you’re squinting all the time? It may be time to consider whether you have the right prescription, or whether you need glasses. The creases around our eyes are deepened with repetitive movements; so squinting can contribute to signs of aging.
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
You’ve heard this one before, but some cliche’s exist because they’re true. If you’re looking to brighten up your eye area, you’ll want to avoid excessive alcohol and coffee consumption. Enjoying some wine or your morning coffee? Drink water intermittently to make sure you’re not getting dehydrated. This is especially true in the winter months. If you don’t enjoy drinking water, brew some hot tea and sip throughout the day for hydration and relaxation. Consider a humidifier if you notice your skin is feeling dry with the indoor heat. You may also want to reassess your skin regimen in the colder months. Learn more about how cold weather can affect your skin health (and what you can do about it) in this blog.
Explore eye treatment options
We’re pleased to offer innovative treatments for eyes that address concerns like wrinkles, lines, puffiness, dark circles, and more. The perfect plan for beautiful eyes includes considering products, treatments, and for some people, surgical options. Stay tuned to the blog! Next time we’ll explore eye treatment options for bright, beautiful eyes.